[EventCalendar] Is there a way to add spans around each date element in an upcoming eventlist?

Larissa Meek larissameek at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 4 16:17:18 UTC 2009

I wanted to style the dates in an upcoming event list to look like a date badge. Like the example in this tutolrial: http://oncemade.com/2009/04/26/create-date-badge-with-wordpress-and-css/

Basically I need to add span tags around the EC3_DEFAULT_DATE_FORMAT output so instead of it simply listing:

Sunday, June 28th

I would like this:

The name of the classes doesn't matter -as long as I have the ability to style each element. I attempted to play with the PHP code trying to inject spans into the templatefunctions.php file but to no avail I just broke the plugin. I'm not a pro at PHP but I get the basics.

define('EC3_DEFAULT_DATE_FORMAT',   'l, F jS');

Is there a way to seperate the elements above with <span></span> and a class?

Thanks!