[EventCalendar] Import calendar entries from other blog

Alf Haakon Lund alf at galleritexas.no
Fri Jul 24 22:25:30 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,

I've been struggling with the import of calendar entries from one blog
to another.

I have one site which is going to be closed down and want to migrate
the content to a new site for archiving purposes. The new site is also
set up with ec3.

However I could not find a way to merge or join or import the table
through MyPhpAdmin, which looked like the best way - I get an error
message stating that it will not insert the data because a table
already exists (of course I want to keep the existing table).

Getting the actual posts is a "piece of cake" via the export/import
options in wp, but it seems I have to manually re-enter all calendar
entries.

I spent quite a few hours searching for an answer, but it seems I'm
not able to ask the right question. So, I'm very thankful if someone
has any ideas how to solve this.

Best wishes, Alf