[EventCalendar] Filter get_events by category / dynamic link to event

Alf Haakon Lund alf at galleritexas.no
Sun Jul 26 16:00:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

 From a page I want a "permanent"link  (that is, the link will change
as events changes) to the next coming event in a specific category:

1. find the relevant post, like in query_post
(ec3_after=today&showposts=1&cat=1)

2. output this info to a link

I tried running this query, but it does not alter the info stored in
the_permalink (this info still points to the current page).

Then I looked into the ec3_get_events() hoping to generate the needed
link that way. However at least from the documentation, it doesn't
seem possible to make the function filter by category.

Greatly appreciating any ideas.

Best wishes, Alf Haakon Lund