[EventCalendar] Scheduling event post

Samuel Clemance s_clemance at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:31:26 UTC 2009

People have asked for this before but has an inherent problem.  If it shows
up in the calendar but is not published where does the link lead to?  You
would actually get a page that says the post isn't found.  that's bad for
SEO and bad for people clicking into your site.  I think what most people
are asking for is a way to have it display on the front page the day of the
event.  You could do this with a custom query possibly or you could use the
postlists plugin with the ec3 extension to get similar behavior but the
event has to be published no matter what before it will show in the
calendar.