[EventCalendar] EC3 + qTranslate

ecir hana ecir.hana at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 17:37:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Marc Boivin <mjsdesign at gmail.com> wrote:
> EC3 uses the built-in translate functions to handle localization. This means
> that it will display in the current language -- like you said, the wplang
> setting-- not the language of the post.
>
> Maybe you could fiddle around changing the local on the fly. But that would
> require some programming.
>
> If you feel up to the challange check out the l10n.php file from
> wp-includes. It has everything you need. You could create a EC3-qTranslate
> support extension. It would check if the qTranslate extension is loaded, if
> so, override the current locale while rendering the calendar and setting it
> back to default when done.

Unfortunately, that's way over my WordPress skill, I'm affraid...

Wouldn't it be a bit easier the other way around? I mean, I don't
really care about the translation in the admin section. For now, all I
can see untranslated is this "Upcoming events" strings - maybe I could
try to translate this, instead of the solution you suggested? I read
somewhere about this _e() and __() so if I can make it somehow to pull
the translated string from a .mo/.po file specified by ?lang=XX..?