[EventCalendar] (no subject)

RH thephoenixrizing at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 18:45:17 UTC 2010

I'm a complete newbie to PHP programming and I'm hoping someone can help.

I need to query the events calendar by category. My calendar has seven
regions. When the users click on a specific region on the map, they can see
events happening in just that region.

On the page below, if you click on the red area on the map, you are
redirected to a page that should show events for just that region.

http://oregonapprenticeship.com/?page_id=9

The awesome documentation for the calendar states that this can be done:

"http://blog.address/?ec3_listing=events

Only show events, sorted by start date. E.g. Combine this with a category or
tags query to show only events in the category or tag."

My question is, how would I code that if I wanted to query by category? My
event posts are categorized under the parent category "events", with
additional categories set up as children to that (Area 1, Area 2, Area
3..etc).

Also, I only know how to call up the sidebar widget. I'm not sure how to
call an event list that is also filtered by category onto my page.

I would be sooooo grateful for any pointers anyone can give me on how to
achieve this!

Rebecca