[EventCalendar] wp_trim_excerpt filter removed?

Joe Bondra bondra.4 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 12 20:05:14 BST 2010

  Hello,

Is the Event Calendar 3 plugin still being maintained? Just curious,
since there hasn't been an update since November of 2008.

This is more of a feature request/bug report if anything, but if this
plugin is still being developed, is it possible to find some workaround
for the decision to remove the wp_trim_excerpt filter?

I ask because I've found this plugin to be useful, but I'm running into
an issue where I need to use wp_trim_excerpt to create auto-excerpts for
posts, and it seems silly that I should have to create some conditional
in my code to test for the existence of this plugin.  Event Calendar 3
is unfortunately disabling a filter that developers expect to be there.

I'm trying to find a solution to this in your code, but for the most
part, it's really a design decision to change things so that
wp_trim_excerpt doesn't have to be removed.