[EventCalendar] event time box

Mark Naylor marknaylor at signet-solutions.com
Wed May 5 12:22:50 BST 2010

I tried to explain this 3 years ago here.

http://wpcal.firetree.net/2007/10/25/ec3_the_schedule/

I have noticed a few people asking similar questions,

Others may advocate altering the plugin code, but it is already set up to do what you need.

I have reproduced the post below so that others can find the link.

Ec3_the_schedule needs to go in the loop to be effective.

ec3_the_schedule()

Formats the schedule for the current post. If you want to echo the result directly onto the page, This is the call you want. For HTML as a string use ec3_get_schedule()

Overview

ec3_the_schedule() is useful to produce a controllable (different from default) HTML output for use within a post, especially when you wish to style the output using div’s instead of tables. The command takes the form of

ec3_the_schedule(’$format_single‘,’$format_range‘,’$format_wrapper‘);

all of the parameters above are optional, and are explained below

Parameters

$format_single (OPTIONAL)

Events that only have a start time (no duration) are generated using this template. %s is a placeholder for the time.

$format_range (OPTIONAL)

Events that have a start and end time are generated using this template. %1$s is a placeholder for the start, and %2$s is a placeholder for the end time. %3$s is a placeholder for the word “to”, which may be translated if you are using a localised version of EventCalendar.

$format_wrapper (OPTIONAL)

DEFAULT=’<tableclass=”ec3_schedule”>%s</table>’

A template for the whole result. The default generates a table, but you may prefer to have it generate a div, or leave it blank. %s is a placeholder.

Examples

<?php ec3_the_schedule('%1$s ');?>

This fragment will generate output in the form

“(Event date) (Event Start Time)” ie December 9, 2007 9:00 am

<?php ec3_the_schedule('%1$s ','','<div class="ec3_the_schedule" >%s </div>');?>

This fragment will generate output in the form