[EventCalendar] problem using plug-in with Thesis

Rebecca Carrer rebecca at carreroffice.com
Sat Oct 2 21:27:38 BST 2010

Hi.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I noticed a similar post from Jonathan Mao, but
couldn't see if there had been any reply.

(Note, I'm using the most recent versions of Thesis, Wordpress and WAMP
Server. Am not a programmer, but have some PHP experience. New to applying
it to Wordpress/Thesis customization.)

Getting error messages about args when I activate this plug-in.

Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_where() expected to be a reference,
value given in C:\wamp\www\jtBlog\wp-includes\plugin.php on line 220

Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_join() expected to be a reference,
value given in C:\wamp\www\jtBlog\wp-includes\plugin.php on line 220

Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_groupby() expected to be a
reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\jtBlog\wp-includes\plugin.php on line
220

Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_fields() expected to be a
reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\jtBlog\wp-includes\plugin.php on line
220

This is line 220 in the Thesis plugin.php file, which I have not altered.

$args[0] = call_user_func_array($the_['function'], array_slice($args, 0,
(int) $the_['accepted_args']));

In addition, after activation, I can't open up my Pages panel anymore.

What I'm trying to do is use a Thesis custom template for an Events page,
which would contain an EventsCalendar-generated listing of events in the
main content and a 3-month EventsCalendar Widget in the sidebar. I tried
removing the <div class="post_box top" id="post-3494"> from the code below
(3494 is the page ID generated by Thesis for my About page), but that
doesn't seem to make a difference. Obviously there's something I don't
understand about how the pages and posts are interacting with
EventsCalendar. In fact, I'm confused by what the role of your Event
category setting is ("Event posts are put into this category for you. Don't
make this your default post category."). On my Events Page I want a list of
only posts from the Posts category Event; On the Home Page want Events Posts
to appear along with all the other posts in the normal chronological manner.

Here's the template I've written:

function events_custom_template()

{

               if(is_page('Events'))