[EventCalendar] problem using plug-in with Thesis

Psyko Duck juliensagne at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:15:51 BST 2010

Hi !
Check this :
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/php53-and-fastcgi-on-iis-with-wordpress

From: rebecca at carreroffice.com
To: eventcalendar at firetree.net
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 13:27:38 -0700
Subject: [EventCalendar] problem using plug-in with Thesis

Hi.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I noticed a similar post from
Jonathan Mao, but couldn't see if there had been any reply.

(Note, I'm using the most recent versions of Thesis,
Wordpress and WAMP Server. Am not a programmer, but have some PHP experience.
New to applying it to Wordpress/Thesis customization.)

Getting error messages about args when I activate this
plug-in.

Warning: Parameter 1 to
ec3_filter_posts_where() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\jtBlog\wp-includes\plugin.php
on line 220

Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_join() expected to be a
reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\jtBlog\wp-includes\plugin.php on
line 220

Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_groupby() expected to be a
reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\jtBlog\wp-includes\plugin.php on
line 220

Warning: Parameter 1 to ec3_filter_posts_fields() expected to be a
reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\jtBlog\wp-includes\plugin.php on
line 220

This is line 220 in the Thesis plugin.php file, which I have
not altered.

$args[0] =
call_user_func_array($the_['function'], array_slice($args, 0, (int)
$the_['accepted_args']));

In addition, after activation, I can't open up my Pages
panel anymore.

What I'm trying to do is use a Thesis custom template for an
Events page, which would contain an EventsCalendar-generated listing of events
in the main content and a 3-month EventsCalendar Widget in the sidebar. I tried
removing the <div class="post_box top" id="post-3494">
from the code below (3494 is the page ID generated by Thesis for my About
page), but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Obviously there's something
I don't understand about how the pages and posts are interacting with
EventsCalendar. In fact, I'm confused by what the role of your Event category setting is ("Event
posts are put into this category for you. Don’t make this your default
post category."). On my Events Page I want a list of only posts from the Posts
category Event; On the Home Page want Events Posts to appear along with all the
other posts in the normal chronological manner.

Here's the template I've written:

function events_custom_template()

{

               if(is_page('Events'))

               {

               ?>

id="content">

class="post_box top" id="post-3494">

class="headline_area">

                              <h1
class="pagetitle"><?php the_title() ?></h1>

class="format_text">

                              <?php
the_content() ?>

id="sidebars">