[EventCalendar] [Workaround] Comments Feed Returning a 404 error

Robert Harm robert at harm.co.at
Sat Oct 9 00:26:52 BST 2010

The RSS comment feed didn't work on my WP 3.0.1 installation with Event
Calendar3 ver 3.2 beta 2.
Please also see
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/comments-feed-returning-a-404 for reports
and solutions from other users.

I found a workaround to fix this on my site, but I am not sure if there are
any side effects. So far, everything seems to be working - but please be
aware and test the change on your site first.

How to:
1. open /wp-content/plugins/event-calendar/options.php
2. go to line 148
3. change $this->advanced_setting=$this->advanced;
4. to //$this->advanced_setting=$this->advanced;

As said before, I tried to fix this, but didnt quite understand how the
plugin works here so I just commented out the line which was caused the
comment rss feed to work.

Perhaps anyone can help and offer a proper fix and not just this workaround.