[EventCalendar] Can you help me with sql query and posts category?

Lech Kurant hugo at czuby.net
Tue Jan 13 13:09:57 GMT 2015

*Hello everyone!*

     I wasted many hours to solve a problem. I'll be very grateful for
your help.

     My task is to modify the website based on WordPress with your
module. On the main page of project it displays all the posts sorted by
date of the end of the event. Responsible for this is SQL query:

> SELECT * FROM wpbwa_posts
> as p INNER JOIN wpbwa_ec3_schedule
> as s ON p.ID = s.post_id
> WHERE s.end >= CURDATE()
> AND p.post_status = 'publish'
> GROUP BY p.ID ORDER BY s.start ASC

     The whole file "index.php" is available here:
http://czuby.net/~hugo/event-calendar/index.txt.

     Now I want to show posts from the appropriate category on the
pages. I believe that I should create a file "category.php" the same as
"index.php" but with the modified SQL query.

     If I'm right, please help formulate a working sql query, and if not
for a hint: how to display posts from one category and sort them
according to date of the end of of the event.

     Thank you in advance for your help.

*Lech.*